2019 KTM 300 XC-W TPI
Revolutionary: 4-stroke rivals, beware: this tool might just be the sharpest in the shed. If you want torque by the bucket loads, a top-end to die for and a lightweight chassis ready to rise to any occasion, give this fuel-injected 300cc lightning bolt a go.
- When it comes to optimal power-to-weight ratio and outstanding Enduro specific performance the KTM 300 XC-W TPI engine reigns supreme. It features revolutionary TPI electronic fuel injection, which sets the benchmark in the offroad competition 2-stroke segment. And thanks to its modern architecture including high-end features such as the well protected E-starter, a cylinder with two injectors and power valve, a 6-speed Enduro transmission and a hydraulically operated DDS clutch, the KTM 300 XC-W TPI machine is the best choice when the going gets real tough.
- Transmission: This 6-speed Enduro transmission features an Enduro-specific wide-ratio specification and provides precise and easy shifting. An advanced ´No Dirt´ gear shift lever design prevents mud and dirt from blocking the joint. Because even dirt lovers hate mud when it's in the wrong places.
- Oil pump: Pre-mixing 2-stroke fuel is a thing of the past for KTM XC-W TPI owners. An electronic oil pump feeds oil from the oil tank via the throttle body into the engine intake, and ensures a perfect fuel-oil mix in all conditions and engine speeds. The system, which reduces up to 50% of the smoke from the exhaust system over carburettor models, is managed by the control unit based on the engine's revs and load measured by the TPS (throttle position sensor). The oil capacity of approximately 0.7 liters is enough for 5-6 refills of fuel, giving you more time to ride, less time measuring things out.
- Cooling: KTM's proven cooling system routes the coolant from the cylinder head through the frame triangle, directly to aluminum radiators made by WP. The additional KTM PowerParts radiator fan is regulated by the EMS control unit for easy installation. Thanks to flow optimized internal circulation and CFD-calculated ventilation, the system is superbly efficient. In addition the radiator protectors improve heat dissipation. Especially in the mud. They are also integrated into the front part of the shrouds to protect the radiators in a crash.
- Exhaust: This nickel-plated pipe is produced by WP Performance Systems. It is designed for an optimal power band and maximal performance of the engine. A modern 3D production process guarantees top precision and reliability of the pipe, so this screamer is as tough as it is strong.
- KTM engineers just love dropping weight year after year. The result: the 2019 KTM XC-W models are the slimmest, lightest dirt bikes out there.
- Brakes: You couldn't brake any harder, better, faster or stronger. These high-tech Brembo brakes are combined with lightweight Wave brake discs and are the ultimate solution in braking technology. First you outrun them, then you outbrake them.
- Fuel tank: This is a lightweight polyethylene tank with a capacity of 2.4 gallons. The XC-W TPI models incorporate an integrated fuel pump system and an additional fuel level sensor so you'll always know when you're running low on gas.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 293.2 cm³
- Starter: Kick and electric starter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke
- 293.2 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 72 mm x 72 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.