2019 KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R
The Beast: THE BEAST is not about mincing words or pulling punches. Blunt, brutal and extreme - there is nothing tame about this hyper-naked bike. With an updated design, mega powerful 1301 cc V-twin engine and exceptional all-round handling, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R commands respect.
- Heart Of The Beast: Giving THE BEAST life is a 1301 cc V-Twin which pumps out an arm-wrenching 177 hp while its torque figures reach for the sky between 6,750 rpm (140 Nm) and 7,000 rpm (141 Nm). All in all, weighing in at around 62 kg, the extremely slim 4-valve unit makes it one of the lightest - and most powerful - big twins in the world.
- Keeping the rear-end in check under harsh downshifts or aggressive decelerating by reducing rear wheel chatter, the slipper clutch also assists when you open up the throttle by assisting the Quickshifter+ to perform super smooth up-shifts.
- Beneath The Skin: With its ultra-lightweight yet extremely stable trellis frame, a beautifully manufactured single-sided swingarm, the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R exceeds all requirements for stability and control..
- With an adjustable, extremely torsion-resistant upside-down telescopic fork from WP Suspension up front, not only can you adjust rebound and compression damping separately, but also completely independently from each other thanks to the 'split principle' (the left fork tube controls compression and the right one rebound damping). This allows riders to find their dream set-up with speed and precision.
- Directly articulated and extremely high-quality, the WP pressurized-gas central shock absorber fitted to the SUPER DUKE R has an external remote reservoir which allows riders a wide range of setup options. Compression and rebound damping can also be regulated independently - with separate settings for high-speed and low-speed compression damping. In addition, the spring preload can be adjusted by hand.
- A WP steering damper does its part to help keep THE BEAST restrained over uneven stretches of tarmac by absorbing any unwanted kickback through the front wheel.
- In order to access the multitude of assistance systems on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, there is an illuminated menu switch on the left side of the handlebar. It features a very simple and intuitive "up" and "down" menu selection. The Cruise Control switch can also be found on the left-hand cluster.
- Perfect Position: The traditional brake and gear shift lever you'd expect on a motorcycle, but with three-way adjustability for the gear shift & brake lever.
- Unrivaled braking from world market leader BREMBO, and assistance system MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control) and lean-angle sensitive ABS developed in close collaboration with BOSCH, round off the package and help the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R lead from start to finish. They allow you to either unleash the full potential of THE BEAST or to reign in its fury to easily and instantly adapt to changing riding conditions and personal needs, with the simple flick of a switch.l.
- Supermoto Mode, riders can disable ABS on the rear wheel and leave their mark everywhere!
- The rider has a choice of three ride modes on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, which can be selected quickly with the menu switch on the handlebar. In conjunction with ride by wire, the selected ride mode influences the general responsiveness of the engine, its maximum peak power and MTC intervention. "Street" and "Sport" modes deliver a full 177 hp and appropriately potent power development with a sporty traction setting. By contrast, "Rain" mode limits the maximum output to 130 hp with smoother performance and early traction control intervention.
- Not enough for you? Well adding even more performance to this BEAST is only reserved for the brave! All KTM PowerParts are developed for their respective machines, meaning that KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R riders only get parts that perfectly complement their ride and provide the same 'factory fit' straight from the dealer - allowing you to refine your BEAST's functionality, look and feel to better fit your personal needs.
- Engine Type
- 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- 1301 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 108 mm x 71 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS with RBW and cruise control, double ignition
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 5/16 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock