2019 KTM 1290 Super Adventure R
till Sept 30, 2019
King Of Adventure: KTM's rally experts have brought out the big guns for hardcore adventurers. They've packed 1301 cc into the world's most advanced travel enduro chassis. Ready to rumble on any terrain, this mile-munching weapon is the ultimate offroad travel enduro for exploring the trail less traveled - the tougher, the better.
- Based on the 1301 cc V-twin of the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, aka ‘The Beast', the KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R is clearly the Alpha in the herd. Just aim towards your destination, twist the throttle and feel exhilarated by its immense power.
- A key element in the smooth power delivery of the 75° V-twin is each cylinder's state-of-the-art 4-valve cylinder head. These combine twin plug ignition, flow-optimized ports and a slick low-friction valve drive train with cams from each cylinder's twin overhead camshafts driving DLC-coated cam followers.
- Float across rough terrain on 220 mm of fully adjustable WP suspension with a 21-inch wire-spoked wheel at the front, and an 18-inch at the rear. Navigate with confidence, knowing KTM's signature tubular trellis frame, steel crash bars and a high-strength, die-cast, open-lattice swingarm are built for the extreme.
- Steel Trellis Frame: The chrome-molybdenum steel trellis frame is at the center of the bike's excellent robust chassis. Laser-cut and robot welded with a superb surface finish, it weighs a mere 9.8 kg, keeping the total unfueled weight at an impressively low 217 kg. All muscle, no fat.
- Brembo Power: Precise. Powerful. Consistent. Just as you would expect from a set of BREMBO brakes. Up front you'll find twin 320 mm diameter discs, which are radially mounted, plus 4-piston fixed calipers. At the rear, excess speed is taken care of by a generously dimensioned 267 mm diameter disc. And in case of an emergency, BOSCH's two-channel 9M+ ABS is there to save the day.
- Fueled For Exploration: The KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R is more than just light, powerful and dependable. Thanks to low fuel consumption, a 23-liter fuel tank and 15,000 km service intervals it also hardly ever needs to take a break.
- Long-Haul Comfort: With two handlebar clamping positions: 10 mm forwards or backwards from stock; plus five reach settings of the hand levers, the rider has more freedom to move, greater control, and uncompromised comfort, which means a more satisfying adventure ride.
- Adjust Your Ride: Two footpeg positions: stock or 10 mm up and back (diagonally), allow riders to set the comfort level to suit their height and riding preference, which can make a big difference on a long adventure ride.
- Attack Mode: The "R" model features a short windshield. So even if your handlebar moves a lot in rough terrain, the windshield won't hit your helmet. Its height can be changed as quickly as you can change your mind, thanks to the easily operated clamping mechanism.
- A convenient compartment keeps your smartphone safe on the road. It keeps it charged too, thanks to its integrated USB socket. The optional incoming call and audio functions link the phone to the bike via Bluetooth. It's always nice to let people know you absolutely have to take that enormous detour.
- BOSCH's MSC assistance package is the world's first lean-angle sensitive cornering ABS system. It allows riders to always use the full power of their brakes while the system adjusts brake pressure to match the lean angle of the motorcycle, for safer and more predictable braking across a wider range of conditions and scenarios. If required, not only can it be switched off, but also placed in Offroad mode.
- As its name implies, the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) monitors tire pressure (visible in the display) and warns the rider instantly of any pressure loss, whether sudden or gradual, whether tire damage or a valve leak.
- The Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) is a lean-angle sensitive system, which reacts in mere milliseconds the instant the rear wheel spins out of control. As smooth as it is quick, the system closes the throttle valves to regain grip for compelling yet completely controllable forward drive on all surfaces. The standard motorcycle traction control (MTC) offers four different ride modes - ‘Street', ‘Sport', ‘Rain' and ‘Offroad' - selected using the multi-functional switch on the left handlebar grip. Oh, and there's the off-switch for daredevils!
- Tuned In: With the KTM MY RIDE system, a smartphone can be connected to the bike, which gives the rider the option of receiving or making phone calls, listening to music, and, using the optional app for navigation.
- Design: 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- Displacement: 1301 cm³
- Bore: 108 mm
- Stroke: 71 mm
- Power in KW: 118 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Forced oil lubrication with 3 oil pumps
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: PASC™ slipper clutch, hydraulically actuated
- EMS: Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel tubular space frame, powder-coated
- Front suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP-PDS Monoshock
- Front brake disc diameter: 320 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 267 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9ME combined ABS (incl. cornering ABS and offroad mode, disengageable)
- Engine Type
- 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75°
- 1301 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 108 mm x 71 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS with RBW, twin ignition
- Final Drive
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 5/16 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP-PDS Monoshock