2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R
Beverly Hills Motorcycles
Panigale V4 R
Pure racing adrenaline
- Top performance: The Desmosedici Stradale R is a more responsive engine that allows reaching the red area of the rev counter at 16,000 rpm (16,500 rpm in sixth gear) to ensure a greater sprint. This results in 221 HP (162 kW) that react immediately to the throttle inputs, delivered at 15,250 rpm. Impressive figures for a 998 cu. cm engine, that becomes even more amazing by fitting the full-racing exhaust Ducati Performance by Akrapovic, bringing the maximum power to 234 HP (174 kW) at 15,500 rpm.
- Racing aerodynamics: The aerodynamic package of the new Panigale V4 R includes: protective windscreen, headlight fairing, and side fairings to reduce aerodynamic resistance, air extractors to reduce operating temperatures in heavy-duty racing use, and the GP16-derived carbon fiber aerodynamic appendices that increase stability in all riding phases, reduce the intervention of electronic controls and increase rider confidence, who tends to keep the throttle open for a longer time and brake late into the curve.
- Design for performance: The Front Frame of the new Panigale V4R, developed in collaboration with the engineers of Ducati Corse, is optimized for racing use with fully mechanical Öhlins steering damper and suspensions, including the new pressurized front fork and the swinging arm with a four-way adjustable pin.
- Cutting-edge technology: The new Panigale V4 R is equipped with the latest generation electronic package, that manages all riding phases, based on the use of the 6-axis inertial platform by Bosch (6D IMU – Inertial Measurement Unit). The Pit Limiter makes its debut on the bike, limiting its speed when riding in the pit lane.
- Engine: Desmosedici Stradale 90° V4, rearward-rotating crankshaft, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 998 cc
- Power: 162 kW (221 hp) @ 15,250 rpm
- Fuel injection: Electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies with aerodynamic valves. Variable length intake system
- Gearbox: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO
- Clutch: Hydraulically controlled slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch
- Frame: Aluminum alloy "Front Frame" with optimized stiffnesses
- Front suspension: Fully adjustable 43 mm Öhlins NPX pressurized fork with TiN treatment.
- Front wheel: 3-spokes forged aluminum alloy 3.50" x 17"
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm. Adjustable pivot position +/- 3 mm
- Rear Wheel: 3-spokes forged aluminum alloy 6.00" x 17"
- Front brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema® (M4.30) 4-piston callipers with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Instrumentation: Last generation digital unit with 5" TFT colour display
- Dry weight: 172 kg (379 lb.)
Dimensions and Weights
- Seat height: 830 mm (32.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1.471mm (57,9 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 16 L - 4.23 gal. (US)
- Number of seats: Single seat
- Safety equipment: Riding Modes, Power Modes, Bosch Cornering ABS EVO, Ducati Traction Control (DTC) EVO, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO, Ducati Slide Control (DSC), Engine Brake Control (EBC) EVO, Auto tyre calibration
- Standard equipment: Ducati Power Launch (DPL), Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO, Full LED lighting with Daytime Running Light (DRL), GPS module, Lap Timer EVO, PIT limiter, Ohlins steering damper, Quick adjustment buttons, Lithium-ion battery, Auto-off indicators, Marchesini aluminium forged wheels, Carbon fiber front mudguard, High-flow air filter
- Warranty (months): 24 months unlimited mileage
- Engine Type
- Desmosedici Stradale 90° V4, rearward-rotating crankshaft, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder
- 998 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 81 x 48.4 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies with aerodynamic valves. Variable length intake system
- 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 42
- Front Suspension
- Fully adjustable 43 mm Öhlins NPX pressurized fork with TiN treatment.
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm. Adjustable pivot position +/- 3 mm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema® (M4.30) 4-piston callipers with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 200/60 ZR17
- 57.9 in. (1,471mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.7 in. (830 mm)
- 24.5 deg.
- 3.94 in. (100 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.23 US gal. (16 L)
- Dry Weight
- 425 lb. (193 kg)
- R Livery