2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
1.99% for 60 Months through 08/31/2019
The new Multistrada 1260 truly maximises the concept of versatility: The new 1262 cm3 Ducati Testastretta DVT engine extends powers even in low gear, the new chassis and cutting-edge electronics improve control and ease of driving in any condition and on any road.
- New Testastretta DVT 1262: Thanks to the new Ducati Testastretta DVT 1262 cm3 Euro 4 engine, the new Multistrada 1260 is now even more pleasurable for everyday use thanks to the increased torque at low and mid-range engine speeds. The new Multistrada 1260 is the motorcycle with the highest torque value in its category standing at 4,000 rpm, which is the average rotation rate most commonly used when driving.
- Technological reference point: The new Multistrada 1260 also stands as a technological point of reference: maximum safety with the inertial platform (IMU) that manages both the operation of the Cornering ABS and the Cornering Light. And more: Ducati Traction Control, Ducati Wheelie Control, the highly revered Skyhook suspensions and the Vehicle Hold Control that ensures easy and safe uphill starts.
- The new Multistrada 1260 has long maintenance intervals: oil changes are scheduled for every 15,000 km, while the "Desmo Service" valve clearance control is required every 30,000 km, distances that allow you to enjoy all your travels, even the longest rides, without any worries.
- The new colour TFT instrument panel features allow you to quickly switch between Riding Modes and adjust all the motorcycle parameters, including the Ducati Skyhook Suspension. The new Multistrada 1260 S adapts to every situation to get the maximum out of every road.
- Standard equipment: Vehicle Hold Control (VHC), Riding Mode, Power Mode, Ducati Safety Pack (Cornering ABS Bosch + DTC), Ducati Skyhook Suspension (DSS) Evo, Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC), Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down, Cruise control, Hands-Free, Backlit handlebar controls, Ducati Multimedia System (DMS), colour TFT display, Full LED light, Ducati Cornering Lights, Automatic indicator switch off, Anti-theft ready.
- Standard equipment: In addition to the S version, the new Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak is equipped with the Ducati Performance by Termignoni approved exhaust system, carbon fibre windscreen and additional Plexiglas windscreen, Öhlins top range suspensions, carbon fibre front mudguard, carbon fibre air intake covers, carbon Hands-Free cover.
- Type: Ducati Testastretta DVT with Desmodromic Variable Timing, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder, Dual Spark, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1,262 cc
- Compression ratio: 13.0:1
- Power: 116.2 kW (158 CV) @ 9,500 rpm
- Gearbox: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down
- Clutch: Light action, wet, multiplate clutch with hydraulic control. Self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run
- Frame: Tubular steel Trellis frame
- Front wheel: 5-spoke Y-shape cast light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Öhlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Rear Wheel: 5-spoke Y-shaped casted light alloy 6.00 in. x 17 in.
- Wheel travel (front/rear): 170 mm - 170 mm (6.7 in. - 6.7 in.)
- Front brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc Evo M50 4-piston callipers, 2-pad, radial pump with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear brake: 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper, with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
Dimensions and Weights
- Dry weight: 212 kg (467 lb.)
- Seat height: Adjustable 825 - 845 mm (32.5 - 33.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,585 mm (62.4 in.)
- Fuel tank capacity: 20 L - 5.3 gal. (US)
- Warranty: 24 months, unlimited mileage
- Maintenance service intervals: 15,000 km (9,000 miles) / 12 months
- Valve clearance check: 30,000 km (18,000 miles)
- Engine Type
- Ducati Testastretta DVT with Desmodromic Variable Timing, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder, Dual Spark
- 1,262 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 106 x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Bosch electronic fuel injection system, elliptical throttle bodies with Ride-by-Wire, equivalent diameter 56 mm
- 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down
- Final Drive
- Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 40
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Öhlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monobloc Evo M50 4-piston callipers, 2-pad, radial pump with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Rear Brakes
- 265 mm disc, 2-piston floating calliper, with Bosch Cornering ABS as standard equipment
- Front Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 120/70 R17
- Rear Tire
- Pirelli Scorpion Trail II 190/55 R17
- 1,585 mm (62.4 in.)
- Seat Height
- Adjustable 825 - 845 mm (32.5 - 33.3 in.)
- 25 deg.
- 111 mm (4.37 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 20 L (5.3 US gal.)
- Dry Weight
- 206 kg (454 lb.)
- Pikes Peak Livery