2018 KTM 450 SX-F
If gold is what you’re after, a KTM 450 SX-F is what you race. Thanks to its compact engine delivering explosive but controllable power, it’s the weapon of choice for the Red Bull KTM Factory Racing Team and the champion, Ryan Dungey. This READY TO RACE bike rules the AMA Supercross Championship. Its secret? Precise handling and arm-stretching grunt. Winners - line up here.
- Engine: The hugely successful KTM 450 SX-F powerhouse has extremely compact dimensions, strong performance throughout the rev range and a low weight; this is the lightest 450 engine on the MX market. But that doesn’t mean it’s not a heavyweight in terms of muscle. Fitted with a single overhead camshaft cylinder head and the latest electronic fuel injection, it pumps out unrivaled horsepower. With KTM’s engineers working tirelessly to increase the ultimate READY TO RACE machine, this powerhouse has the latest engine management technology on board and confidently shoots both amateurs and pros to the top of their time sheets.
- Transmission: The KTM 450 SX-F uses a lightweight 5-speed transmission with gear ratios that are perfectly matched to the power delivery of its large displacement engine. The 1st and 3rd gears are treated with a special surface coating for better reliability. An advanced ´No Dirt´ gear shift lever design prevents mud and sand from blocking the joint of the lever and guarantees trouble-free shifting. All 4-stroke engines are fitted with a gear position sensor, giving the option of different engine characteristics for each gear. For 2018, the transmission shaft gets a stronger shifting star and a C4 bearing that has a bigger overlap in the case. This guarantees better reliability even in extremely tough operating conditions.
- E-Starter: The KTM 450 SX-F is fitted with a unique E-starter as standard, which is a clear advantage when it comes to crunch time in the heat of battle. A strong starter motor made by Mitsuba will fire time and time again at the push of a button.
- Weight: KTM engineers just love dropping weight year after year. The result: the 2018 KTM SX models are the slimmest, lightest dirt bikes out there. Even though the 4-strokes are equipped with an E-starter as a standard feature, while the heavier competition still needs to be kickstarted. You can just focus on kicking ass.
- Fuel Tank: A lightweight polyethylene tank with a capacity of 1.85 gallons. The fuel tank cap has an inside thread, which makes for easy and reliable closure.
- Wheels: Featuring lightweight, CNC machined hubs and high-end Excel rims, they guarantee maximum stability and minimal unsprung weight. The wheels are shod with the latest Dunlop Geomax MX 3S tires for exceptional handling.
- Handlebar Map Select Switch:Activation of the traction control; Activation of the launch control; Selection of two power curves (Standard or Advanced)The traction control is a unique feature that none of the competitors can offer. Push the button and reign supreme. With this map select switch the rider can also activate the launch control, which provides more efficient starts out of the gate so you can go for the holeshot, time and time again. How? It simply reduces the maximum engine speed for the very first moments of the start, in order to give you better control. Push both buttons when the engine idles and the EFI control lamp mounted on the upper triple clamps will let you know you are READY TO RACE. In addition, the map select switch gives the rider the chance to select an alternative, more powerful map beside the standard configuration. Welcome to the future.
- E-Starter: Like all KTM 4-stroke motorcycles, the 450 SX-F is started at the push of a button - a priceless advantage when you’re on the clock.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 449.9 cm³
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 4-speed
- Weight: 220.9 lb.
- Suspension travel (rear): 11.81 in.
- Tank capacity (approx.): 1.85 US gal.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 449.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 95 x 63.4 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Dry Weight
- 220.9 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.85 US gal.
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in.
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.