2018 KTM 250 XC-W TPI
KTM’s 250cc engine is known to be the most powerful and most competitive 2-stroke engine in the world. And now things get even better. The 2018 KTM 250 XC-W TPI boasts a newly developed and patented TPI (transfer port injection) fuel injection system - a truly unique feature when it comes to 2-stroke race bikes. The patented EFI system with two injectors into the transfer ports of the cylinder makes the engine much smoother to ride and reduces the fuel consumption drastically, a global game changer in terms of technology. Gone is the hassle of jetting, premixing gas and difficult starting. It was time to give a new push to 2-stroke technology and prove 2-strokes have a bright future. The KTM 250 XC-W TPI is leading the charge as the most advanced READY TO RACE 2-stroke.
- Engine cases feature a compact shaft arrangement for better mass centralization.
- Cylinder with twin-valve controlled power valve for smooth power that can be adjusted within seconds for different track conditions.
- Revolutionary lateral counter balancer reduces engine vibrations for less rider fatigue at the end of the moto.
- 6-speed wide ratio transmission is perfectly suited for off -road duty
- Hydraulically operated DDS clutch features a damping system for better traction and durability.
- Lightweight Chromoly steel frame provides high torsional rigidity with less longitudinal stiffness resulting in excellent handling and energy absorption
- "No Dirt" footpeg design keeps the pegs pivot from becoming clogged, ensuring the footpeg is always in the correct position.
- 2.4 gallon see-through polyethylene tank provides the range needed from a true READY TO RACE enduro bike.
- "No Dirt" shift lever prevents dirt from fouling the lever joint to ensure proper shifting in any condition.
- Engine Type: Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Starter: Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah / Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6 Gears, wide ratio
- Lubrication: Electronically Regulated Oil Pump
- Ignition: Synerject EMS
- Frame: Central Double-Cradle Type 25CrMo4 Steel
- Subframe: Aluminum
- Handlebar: Neken, Aluminum Ø 28/22mm
- Front Suspension: WP Xplor USD Ø 48mm
- Rear Suspension: WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
- Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 300 mm / 11.8 in; 310 mm / 12.2 in
- Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 260 mm; 220 mm
- Front/Rear Rims: 1.60 x 21” / 2.15 x 18” Giant
- Front/Rear Tires: 80/100-21” / 110/100-18” Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
- Ground Clearance: 370mm / 14.6 in
- Seat Height: 960 mm / 37.8 in
- Tank Capacity, Approx: 9 l / 2.4 gal
- Weight (without fuel), Approx: 103 kg / 227 lbs
- Engine Type
- Single Cylinder, 2-Stroke
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 64.4 x 72 mm
- Liquid Cooling
- Fuel System
- TPI, Dell’Orto 39mm Throttle Body
- Synerject EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP Xplor USD Ø 48mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc Brake 260 mm
- Front Tire
- 80/100-21 in. Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
- Rear Suspension
- WP Xplor PDS Monoshock
- Rear Brakes
- Disc Brake 220 mm
- Rear Tire
- 110/100-18 in. Dunlop GEOMAX AT81
- Dry Weight
- 227 lb. (103 kg)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.4 gal. (9 L)
- 58.3 ± 0.4 in. (1,482mm ± 10 mm)
- Ground Clearance
- 14.6 in. (370mm)
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in. (960 mm)
- 6 Gears, wide ratio
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in