2018 KTM 150 SX
With the agility of a 125 and enough muscle to take the fight to the 250cc 4-strokes, this bike punches well above its weight. Its snarling engine sets benchmarks in terms of power and torque, rocketing its state-of-the-art chassis miles ahead of the competition. The top step of the podium does have the unmistakable scent of 2-stroke premix exhaust.
Less Is More
- Engine: The engine of the KTM 150 SX was developed with the latest know-how and state-of-the-art technology. That’s the only way to craft class-leading power all across the rev range. This is the lightest and most compact 150cc motocrosser you’ll find. So prepare for surprisingly fast lap times and baffling rideability. As this motorcycle shares many of its key components with the class-leading KTM 125 SX, the cylinder, head and piston unit can now also be fitted on a 125cc engine base converting it to a KTM 150 SX without replacing the crankshaft. Buy one, get one free. Nearly.
- Transmission: A robust 6-speed transmission was designed specifically for the small 2-stroke engine, its gear ratios are perfectly in sync with the 150’s power band. The latest production technologies allow for compact dimensions and minimal weight. An advanced ´No Dirt´gear lever design prevents mud from clogging the folding tip for reliable shifts even in the worst conditions.
- Fuel Tank: A lightweight polyethylene tank with a capacity of 1.85 gallons. The fuel tank cap has an inside thread, which makes for easy and reliable closure.
- Wheels: Featuring lightweight, CNC machined hubs and high-end Excel rims, they guarantee maximum stability and minimal unsprung weight. The wheels are shod with the latest Dunlop Geomax MX 3S tires.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 143.6 cm³
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Kokusan
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Suspension travel (front): 12.2 in.
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Seat height: 37.8 in.
- Weight READY TO RACE (pound) (without fuel): 192.24 lb.
- Suspension travel (rear): 11.81 in.
- Tank capacity (approx.): 1.85 US gal.
NOTES:The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice.
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 143.6 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 58 x 54.5 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Dry Weight
- 192.24 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.85 US gal.
- Seat Height
- 37.8 in.
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.