2018 KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R
Sale: Save $2,700.00 now until 9/30/2019
Beverly Hills Motorcycles
White / Orange
1290 SUPER DUKE R
Unleash the Beast
Engine & Exhaust
- Engine: This engine, in its latest incarnation, pumps out an arm wrenching 177 hp while its torque figures reach for the sky between 6,750 rpm (140 Nm) and 7,000 rpm (141 Nm).
- Slipper clutch: Not only does the slipper clutch open when the engine back-torque becomes too high, it also assists when you open up the throttle. The former prevents destabilizing rear wheel chatter when braking sharply or decelerating; the latter reduces the hand force required for changing gear, allowing the clutch to be controlled with one trigger happy finger.
- Single-sided swingarm: The jaw-droppingly beautiful, light alloy, single-sided swingarm on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R is not only extremely lightweight, but also precisely manufactured and generously dimensioned – a potent partner when the SUPER DUKE R unleashes its torque and riding dynamics.
- Telescopic fork: With its multiple setting options for spring rebound, compression and damping, the extremely torsion-resistant upside-down telescopic fork from WP Suspension provides you with a personalized suspension set-up. Not only can rebound and compression damping be set separately, but also completely independently from each other thanks to the 'split principle' (the left fork tube controls compression and the right one rebound damping).
- Shock absorber: The directly articulated, high-quality WP pressurized-gas central shock absorber with external remote reservoir offers numerous setting options over a wide set-up range. Compression and rebound damping can be regulated independently – with separate settings for high-speed and low-speed compression damping. In addition, the spring preload can be adjusted by hand. The Beast is equipped with a harder fork spring than its predecessor (10.0 N/mm), while the preload of the shock absorber as well as the set-up of the fork and the shock absorber have been revised for high-speed excellence.
- Steering damper: With so much propulsive power, the front wheel could become very light, which might lead to unpleasant kick-back on uneven roads or following a slight stimulus at the handlebar. The 1290 SUPER DUKE R prevents this safely with a reliable and sensitive WP steering damper.
- Brakes: Brembo M50 Monobloc four-piston fixed calipers with 320 mm twin-disc brake with two floating discs and a radial hand pump. The enormous potential of the Brembo brakes can be exploited to the full on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R thanks to its sportily tuned and lean-angle sensitive anti-lock braking system.
- Menu switch: Different modes for the various assistance systems can be selected using an illuminated menu switch on the left side of the handlebar. It's very simple and intuitive: "up" and "down" through the menu selection, select the desired menu item with the right button, confirm it with the right. The cruise control switch is now mounted on the left hand side in this cluster, right within thumb’s reach.
- TFT color display: A multicolor combination of relevant information, presented in a clear-cut, uncluttered way. As you rev the engine, the display bars change color, either spurring you on or telling you to back off when the engine’s still cold. The display also automatically adapts its illumination to the ambient light and gets racy when the optional track ride mode is selected.
Software & Electronics
- MSC (Motorcycle Stability Control) with Cornering ABS: Based on the state-of-the-art 9.1 MP modulator,the comprehensive Bosch MSC assistance package unites the talents of efficient braking and lightning-quick, efficient pressure modulation with the high quality Brembo hardware to make the most advanced braking system on the market. No one brakes more progressively or safely, even at extreme lean angles. If required, not only can it be switched off, but also be placed in Supermoto mode.
- Supermoto Mode: The fun-loving Supermoto mode allows the rider to block the rear wheel - a prerequisite for committed Supermoto riding and deliberately executed slides. The ABS function remains active on the front wheel, even in this mode.
- Ride Mode Technology: Ride mode technology provides the rider with a choice of three ride modes on the KTM 1290 SUPER DUKE R, which can be selected quickly and simply with the menu switch on the handlebar. In conjunction with ride by wire, the selected ride mode influences the general responsiveness of the engine, its maximum peak power and MTC intervention. "Street" and "Sport" modes deliver a full 177 hp and appropriately potent power development with a sporty traction setting. By contrast, "Rain" mode limits the maximum output to 130 hp with smoother performance and early traction control intervention.
- MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control): lean-angle sensitive traction control system, reacts immediately if the rotational speed of the rear wheel is disproportionate to the riding situation. MTC allows three different levels of traction slip at the rear wheel. ‘Sport’ is up for respectable drifts and a perceptible amount of slippage, ‘Street’ keeps things smooth for comfortable, controllable riding with full engine power, ‘Rain’ is all about early intervention and maximum grip in the wet. And that’s not the end of it. Daredevils, we give you: the off-switch.
- Race On System: Forget about ignition keys and mechanically locked fuel caps. All you need is this transponder in your pocket.
- Cruise Control: Equipped as standard with cruise control, long motorway journeys become a piece of cake. The system works in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gear between 40 km/h and 200 km/h and is controlled by a switch on the left hand side of the handlebar. Press it and the cruise control screen comes alive in the TFT display unit. A downward push sets the speed and up or down manages it for you, so you’ll arrive at the fun bits with energy to spare.
- TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System): As its name implies, the TPMS monitors tire pressure (visible in the display) and warns the rider in the event of pressure loss, for example due to tire damage.
- KTM MY RIDE: A smartphone can be tethered wirelessly to the bike, giving you full control over incoming calls and an audio player. All the information pops up on the bike´s display as you manage this optional extra with the menu switch, keeping your hands where they belong. On the handlebar.
NOTES:The illustrated vehicles may vary in selected details from the production models and some illustrations feature optional equipment available at additional cost. All information concerning the scope of supply, appearance, services, dimensions and weights is non-binding and specified with the proviso that mistakes, printing, setting and typing errors may occur; such information is subject to change without notice. No rights may be derived from incorrect statements.
- Engine Type
- 2-cylinder, 4-stroke, V 75 deg.
- 1301 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 108 x 71 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS with RBW and cruise control, double ignition
- Final Drive
- Chain: 525 X-Ring
- Front Suspension
- WP USD Ø 48 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock
- Seat Height
- 32.87 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.76 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 429.9 lb.